OC Transpo’s bus fleet emitted about 125,000 tonnes of CO2 in 2016. By switching to e-buses, 95% of this can be eliminated.  The remaining 5% is due to the natural gas generators in Ontario’s hydro grid.

If the City of Ottawa is to reduce it’s corporate emissions in line with Canada’s commitment to the Paris Climate Change Conference, OC Transpo’s emissions have to be addressed.

English
French English